Clean and Elegant

Clean and Elegant

Wednesday 5 July 2017

What does it mean to be a zen master.

What does it mean to be
a zen master.
They must possess
Spectacular
Self-soothing skills.
So poised, they say
“There, there,”
To their two
And seven

And twelve-year old selves,
Before gracefully patting their own heads.
 

If I have
an inner child,

It needs more convincing.
 
Under my Buddha
I used to store
Lists,
Oppressing the Future
with high
Expectations.
 
“How to heal your life,
by Erica J. Schmidt”
And/or

“Dreams for love.”
 
(My meditation partner
Met all

The criteria.
Except for his crocs
And
he’s forty-nine

And
He wants kids.)
 
This morning I took a match
To these lists
And they burned in the corner of the garden
Next to some animal’s shit.
The shit seemed too large
To belong
to a cat.
It was vaguely shaped
Like ovaries and
Fallopian tubes
And a uterus in
The way
these three things
go together.
In fact the shit also
Resembled
A penis
And
Two balls
In the way
these three things
go together.

I did not take a picture
of the shit
or of the ashes of
my lists.
The soothing effect
was less
than spectacular.

And the last thing I want to say
is,
 
May all beings be
As happy and free
As they
appear
On the internet.
The End.



May you be happy and free.
Exuberant Bodhisattva on Facebook
Twitter: @mypelvicfloor
I Let Go

Bodhisattva Business Ventures:

Deep Cleans by Erica J. Schmidt (@deepcleanswitherica)
Montreal Hippie Threads (@mtlhippiethreads)
Instagram: montrealhippiethreads



Hi, my name is Erica. I'm having thoughts of death.
We have no idea if the squirrels are happy. Or/if anyone is.
Hour of God on a Friday












No comments:

Post a Comment